Interdisciplinary Studies Major (IDIS)
About the Major
Interdisciplinary Studies is a popular major that opens the boundaries of traditional majors by combining courses from different departments and programs to create unique areas of studies for students based on their interests and career plans. IDIS students earn either a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree by choosing one of five Tracks: American Studies, Anthropology, Ethnic and Intercultural Studies, Gender and Sexuality Studies, and Individually Designed. IDIS helps students make important connections between courses, disciplines, and career fields.
Benefits of an Interdisciplinary Studies
- Highly motivated, interested students invested in what they study
- Learning a variety of professional areas and career skills
- Making connections between ideas and innovations
- Enhancing skills in communication, leadership, creativity, and critical thinking
- Professional development and life-long learning
Learn more about the Interdisciplinary Studies major.
Interdisciplinary Studies Potential Career Areas
- Entrepreneur or Business Owner
- Innovation Design or Marketing
- Education, Training, or Consulting
- Non-profit Organizations
- Government Agencies or Legal Fields
- Management or Leadership
- Human Resources
Interdisciplinary Studies Tracks
The IDIS major is ideal for students who want an education and career that combine multiple disciplines, not offered by traditional majors. Students select one of five tracks: American Studies, Anthropology, Ethnic and Intercultural Studies, Gender and Sexuality Studies, and Individually Designed.