Nonprofit Leadership Alliance
Interested in a career in the nonprofit sector?
Salisbury University in partnership with the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance (NLA) offer the Certified Nonprofit Professional (CNP) credential to SU students. The program is open to students from any major, even graduate students, and pursuit of the certificate typically should not prolong time required to graduate.
Want to become a Certified Nonprofit Professional (CNP)?
- IDIS 350 - Nonprofit Leadership: Hybrid course (3 credits) or an eligible PACE course.
- CNP Online Exam: Demonstrate your knowledge and stand out as a national certified nonprofit professional
- Volunteer Service: Complete at least 20 hours in volunteerism and report at any time.
- Nonprofit Experience: Minimum 120 hours of work experience with a nonprofit organization (paid or unpaid).
- Leadership Development: Participate in at least one nonprofit conference (in person or online)
Students in the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance certificate program:
- Receive real-world nonprofit training
- Complete an internship that leads to professional development
- Gain experience in program planning and fundraising
- Earn a national certificate that allows you to network beyond our university
- Apply for: Salisbury’s Promise Scholarship Application
- Enroll in IDIS 350 Fall 2023 (Nonprofit Leadership) or register in CNP Central ($100 fee applies - contact Dr. Bown for fee waiver eligibility)
- Contact Dr. Bown at email@example.com with any question and to design your own customized nonprofit certification plan
- Scholarship Application: Salisbury’s Promise Scholarship Application
You are on the path to be a certified nonprofit professional!