How To Get Started
It's Just 5 Easy Steps
Creating YOUR own major takes leadership on the part of YOU!
Steps for declaring Individually Designed IDIS major:
- Email Program Specialist Catherine Jackson to make an appointment.
- Declare either IDIS BA (Bachelor of Arts) or BS (Bachelor of Science) degree on GullNet.
- Create your personalized curriculum guide in first Interdisciplinary Studies course, IDIS 235. Obtain department signatures on curriculum guide. Consider including Study Abroad, an Internship, and/or Independent Study on your curriculum guide.
- Send completed, signed curriculum guide to your Faculty/Academic Advisor. You cannot graduate until this step is completed.
- Meet with your Advisor every semester.