Salisbury University students on campus

Billing Questions

Financial Services provides critical financial and administrative services to students and employee. We are the department that bills students and third parties, processes federal financial aid refunds, pays employees and vendors, procures goods and services, prepares budgets and financial statements, processes accounting entries, reimburses employees for expenses, collects cash receipts, administers parking permits, makes student residency determinations, maintains inventory records and delivers mail to campus.

Questions about Your Bill

General questions about your bill can be answered at the Cashiers Office. Please note the Cashiers Office does not have the authority to adjust a charge or a credit posted to an account by another department. Questions about specific items on an account should be directed to the originating department. Specific billing items and their originating departments are listed in the table below.

Issue Department Phone Number
Bill Explanation Cashiers Office
HH 219
Cancellation (before term begins) Registrar's Office
HH 120
BankMobile Disbursements Cashiers Office
HH 219
Diploma Registrar's Office
HH 120
Financial Aid Financial Aid Office
HH 213
Gull Card Gull Card Office
CB 036
Student Health Services Student Health Services
HH 180
Housing/Residence Life Housing Office
SG 120
Library Books, Fines Libraries 410-543-6130
Refunds Accounts Receivable
HH 201
Parking Fines Parking Services
HH 219
Tuition Residency Tuition Residency Office
HH 223
Withdrawal (after term begins) Registrar's Office
HH 120
Scholarships Financial Aid Office
HH 213
Tuition Remission Human Resources
HH 140

- Top -

Correcting a Bill

Use the bill correction form to indicate any changes/additions/deletions (e.g., financial aid, enrollment, 529 College Savings, Maryland Pre-Paid, Military, and non-SU scholarships) not showing on your bill. If payment is coming from a 529 savings plan, please notify the Cashiers Office via email, telephone, or bill correction form. Please check your GullNet To-Do list and complete any tasks for Financial Aid before submitting this form.

Disputing A Bill

The Buckley Amendment, effective November 1974, prohibits the University from releasing student information to anyone other than the student. Written authorization from the student must be provided for other interested parties.

A student or parent who wishes to dispute a specific item on a student account must contact the University department that originated the charge to determine the nature of the adjustment, if any, and the appropriateness of the charge. If, after discussing the bill with the originating department, a student or parent still wishes to dispute the charge, a formal appeal must be made in writing and sent to the Accounts Receivable Supervisor in Financial Services.; The appeal will be forwarded to the appropriate campus official for consideration.

Please be aware late payment fees will be assessed on disputed charges unless a written appeal is on file. In addition, be aware any portion of the bill not in dispute must be settled promptly by the due date indicated on the bill.

- Top -


Students may want copies of their bill to go to more than one person (due to having more than one person contributing to their payments). Students will have to invite, via email, any persons they want to have access to their student account information.; Those persons will be authorized users and will follow the directions in the email to set up their own username and password to view the student account, bills, payment plans, and to make payments. Students can also print their bill from the student account for the purpose of submitting for reimbursement from employers.

Authorized Users

Students can invite anyone to have access to their student account (make payments, view electronic bills, tuition payment plans, email notifications, and text messages).

Instructions on how to invite your parent or other persons as authorized users:

Sign into GullNet. Then follow:

Main Menu>Bills/Payments/PayPlans/Refund

Under "Authorized Users" select "Add New" and fill out the information requested.

The authorized user will receive an email with a temporary password and link.

Users should copy and paste the following link in the browser address bar and add to favorites:

Authorized users will click the link and enter their username and temporary password and then create a new password and security question. Once completed, users will be directed to the student account.

Authorized user log in and password problems, the student will have to reset your password. Students will go to their GullNet > Main Menu > Bills/Payments/PayPlans/Refunds and follow the link to their student account page.

At lower left side under Authorized User, select the Authorized User you want to Edit (this is the username they will need to use when logging in); select edit > the user name and email address will appear, at the bottom is a reset password button. Select reset the password, a temporary password will be sent to the email address listed. Authorized Users should copy and paste the log in link in the browser address bar and add to favorites:

Once at the login page, enter your user name and temporary password and change your password.

- Top -

Online Mandatory Fee Waivers – Winter and Summer Semesters

The University’s policy is to waive some portion of the mandatory fees for Winter and Summer semester classes only, if a student is exclusively enrolled in online courses (i.e., those identified as “7xx” sections). This excludes strictly on-line courses, for example, GIS on-line, MBA on-line, and MSW on-line. Hybrid courses (i.e., those identified as “6xx” sections) contain face-to-face and alternative (e.g., online) components and are not subject to this fee waiver policy. Students enrolled exclusively in online courses for the Winter or Summer term would only be responsible to pay a $65 per credit technology fee rather than the $115 per credit mandatory fee. All other mandatory fees would be waived. During these semesters, if a student is enrolled in an online course and a non-online course (e.g., internship, face-to-face course, off-site course or hybrid course), the University will not waive any mandatory fees.

- Top -