Salisbury University has a two-year residency requirement for all freshmen and sophomore students. Freshmen students beginning in the fall semester are required to live on campus for four semesters and students beginning in the spring semester live on campus for three semesters.
First Year Student (Incoming Freshmen):
Students may request an exemption based on the following criteria:
- Geographic – Students living at home with their parents, legal guardian, or an immediate family member (non-SU student) over the age of 21 in Wicomico, Worcester, Somerset, Dorchester, or Sussex counties
- Age – Students who, at the time of enrollment, are at least 21 years of age
- Other – Students who are married or caring for dependent children, or students who have completed military service.
At the end of the first year of on-campus residence, students may request an exemption based on the following criteria:
- achieved a 3.25 cumulative GPA,
- no negative student conduct history, and
- completed at least 30 credits of study at SU (does not include transfer credits)
Note: The Office of Housing and Residence Life reserves the right to confirm with other University offices any claim presented as the basis for an exemption. This includes, but is not limited to financial hardship, acquired credit hours, student conduct record, residency, etc.