Student Health Services
Student Health Services COVID-19 Update
Salisbury University’s Student Health Services (SHS) is not currently accepting walk-in or in-person appointments, but continues to provide telehealth appointments for students via Zoom. Those demonstrating symptoms should call their primary care physicians or local hospitals and follow their instructions.
In accordance with Governor Hogan’s directive regarding elevated state precautions against the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Maryland, Student Health Services will modify operations. Beginning on March 25, 2020, the staff will work remotely. Student Health Services will remain available Monday - Friday from 8:30am – 4:30pm to respond to phone messages, refill medications, and triage patients as needed. If you would like to speak with a Health Center clinician, call 410-543-6262 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, student ID number and a phone number. Do not include any personal health information. A provider will contact you as soon as possible Monday through Friday, from 8 am to 4:30 pm.
Students may also send a secure, confidential message to one of the nurse practitioners through the Student Health Web Portal. Log onto the portal at: myhealth.salisbury.edu, log in with your Gull Net user name and password. Go to “Messages”, and select “New Message”.
Visit us with any illness, injury or health-related question, from athlete’s foot to the flu. At Student Health Services, we can provide allergy shots, immunizations, contraception services, STD screening, diagnostic lab tests, psychological counseling referrals and much more. Check out our free self-care center to receive self-care packets for ailments such as headaches and sore throats, and know that we are here to help you with any health concern – large or small.
Our dedicated staff strives to treat your individual needs and advocate for campus-wide and community wellness. We promote the success of all students by helping you to achieve optimal health based on individual needs and diverse characteristics. In an ambulatory setting, we strive to provide excellent clinical care and education. Our program is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc.
Patient Visit Hours and Appointments
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 8:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 9 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
- Administrative Office Hours – Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Monday-Friday: 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Administrative Office Hours – Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
All patient visits are by appointment. Schedule an appointment at any hour through our Student Health Web Portal or contact our office during our posted hours.
For medical emergencies, call an ambulance at 911 or call University Police at 410-543-6222.
Campus Health Alerts
- We strive to update and educate you about any health concerns impacting our community. Read this important “Welcome back to campus message” from Student Health Services Director.
- Stay updated on information from the CDC and health organizations, such as flu prevention, Lyme disease prevention, the Zika virus and Ebola.
- In addition, learn about opioid abuse and the campus resources available for concerns regarding drug and alcohol use.
More Information About SHS
Salisbury University’s Student Health Services is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc.