Salisbury University students on campus

Withdrawal Info

Financial Services provides critical financial and administrative services to students and employee. We are the department that bills students and third parties, processes federal financial aid refunds, pays employees and vendors, procures goods and services, prepares budgets and financial statements, processes accounting entries, reimburses employees for expenses, collects cash receipts, administers parking permits, makes student residency determinations, maintains inventory records and delivers mail to campus.

Drop and Withdrawal

Students receiving financial aid should contact the Financial Aid office before dropping or withdrawing to fully understand the impact on their current and future aid. You can officially drop or withdraw from a course by accessing the GullNet.

Students who officially drop from a course within the stated drop period will not have the course posted on unofficial or official transcripts. Dropped courses do not count as attempted credit. After the drop period has ended, students may officially withdraw from a course up to the published timeframe. Information regarding this period can be obtained in the Registrar's Office. The academic consequences from this action include receiving the grade of "W" for the course, which will appear on unofficial and official transcripts. A grade of "W" will not impact your GPA and does not count as completed credit toward your degree.

Students are responsible for dropping or withdrawing themselves. Failure to drop or withdraw in the required manner may have adverse impacts on financial aid and/or the academic grade for the course(s).

Stopping payment on checks for registration fees or not paying at registration does not constitute a drop or withdrawal nor relieve you of your financial obligation to SU. Never attending or ceasing to attend classes does not constitute a drop or withdrawal.

If you have any additional questions concerning withdrawing or dropping a course(s), please contact the Financial Aid Office.

Return of Title IV Funds Policy for students who have withdrawn from SU

The federal government's policy states that if Title IV aid recipient (Direct Stafford Loan, Direct PLUS loan, Carl Perkins Loan, Pell Grant, TEACH and/or SEOG) ceases attendance (officially withdraws or unofficially withdraws-drops out) from the institution during a period of enrollment in which the recipient began attendance, the institution must calculate the percentage and amount of Title IV assistance the student did not earn and return those funds to the Title IV programs. Once 60% of the enrollment period has elapsed, 100% of the aid is determined to be earned and no calculation is required.

Salisbury University's Academic Scholarships and Salisbury University Fund will be adjusted according to the Refund Policy as defined in the SU Catalogue. Maryland Part-time Grant may be canceled entirely when a withdraw occurs.