School of Social Work
Social work is a profession devoted to helping people function the best they can in their environment. Social workers are people who care about people who want to make a difference.
- Discuss topics that go on around us every day.
- Learn more about each topic from professionals and others dealing with the same issues and ways they are successfully overcoming them.
- 6-8 p.m. • 1204 Camden Avenue, Salisbury MD
- What’s On The Discussion Table?
- Monday, November 12 Resilience: A Screening and Conversation About Overcoming Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE’s)
- Monday, December 10 Alzheimer’s and the Holidays
For more information please contact the Office of Professional and Continuing Education at 410-677-3947 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* * *
SU’s social work program began in 1974 to serve the needs of Maryland and the neighboring states, and since then it has grown to include the dual-degree program with the University of Maryland Eastern Shore in 1990 and a new Master of Social Work Program launched in 2001. In 2006, we expanded to include satellite programs at Cecil College Northeast campus, the Eastern Shore Higher Education Center at Chesapeake College and the University System of Maryland at Hagerstown campus and in 2013 to the Southern Maryland Higher Education Center in California, Maryland. All of SU's undergraduate and graduate social work programs are fully accredited by the Council of Social Work Education, a must for earning licensure.
Meet the School of Social Work faculty and staff.
Our Academic Programs
The School of Social Work’s Mission is to be student-centered and dedicated to excellence in the education of professional social workers at the baccalaureate and master’s level. The school is committed to the pursuit of social and economic justice and will provide leadership through professional development, service, consultation, and research to strengthen society while contributing to the expansion of social work knowledge.
Learn more about the programs offered by our department:
School Information and Resources
Meet Nyasha – Social Work Major
Learn how the social work major has helped Nyasha grow professionally and personally.
- 2 Student Organizations
- 6 B.A.S.W. Goals
- 7 Online and Satellite Opportunities