Social workers can be found in just about any workplace imaginable – few other professions allow its members such variety. The Bureau of Labor Statistics noted that employment in the field of social work was estimated to grow at a greater than average rate through 2016. So how do you go about finding these jobs?
Start your search with SU’s Career Services. They provide career counseling services for current students and alumni. If you need help with your resume, cover letter, or other aspects of your job search, be sure to use this resource!
There are several job search engines that focus on careers related to social work. Here are just a few:
- USAJOBS (U.S. federal government)
- Social Work Jobs in the Federal Government
- NASW JobLink
- Nonprofit Career Network
- The Social Service Job Site
- Social Work Job Bank
You can also explore these service-oriented careers and opportunities:
One of the goals of the Social Work School’s Strategic Plan is to provide continuing education for faculty and community practitioners. We sponsor continuing education programs ourselves as well as work with other agencies to partner in offering continuing education programs. Since Salisbury University is a state accredited academic institution offering an academic program recognized and accredited by CSWE (Council on Social Work Education), we are authorized to sponsor continuing education activities and award CEUs (Continuing Education Units).
- View Class Calendar
- Register for Classes
- Refund Policy
- Join Our Mailing List
- Follow/Like us on Facebook
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our Continuing Education program and offerings please contact:Ms. Degan Allen
410-677-3947Ms. Teresa Simmons
Program Manager for BHIPP / Continuing Education
As social workers, it is important to become connected to our professional associations in order to stay informed and up-to-date. There is a professional association for just about every aspect of social work practice. Be sure to find the ones that fit best with your career path and stay connected!
- National Association of Social Workers
- Maryland Chapter of NASW
- Council on Social Work Education
- Society for Social Work and Research
- School Social Work Association of America
- National Organization of Forensic Social Work
- Child Welfare League of America
- Association for Gerontology Education in Social Work
- Social Work Hospice and Palliative Care Network
- Association for the Advancement of Social Work with Groups, Inc.
- Influencing State Policy
- Social Welfare Action Alliance
- North American Association of Christians in Social Work
This is in no way a complete list of professional social work associations – be sure to talk with others who share your interests to find the best association for you!