The Master of Education (M. Ed.) programs of the Department of Education Leadership are designed for P-12 educators and leaders and higher education professional who seek advanced degrees. Blending flexibility and personal attention, the M.Ed. programs provide opportunities to customize programs of study through in-person, hybrid, and online instruction.
Our Academic Programs
Learn more about the programs offered by our department:
- M.Ed. Curriculum and Instruction
- M.Ed. Curriculum and Instruction – Post-Secondary Education Track
- M.Ed. Educational Leadership
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Higher Education
- Post-Master Certificate of Advanced Study in Educational Leadership
- Post-Master Certificate of Successful Completion in Educational Leadership
- Outdoor Education Leadership undergraduate major
- Outdoor Education Leadership undergraduate minor
- Military Science Leadership undergraduate minor
Meet the Education Leadership Department faculty and staff.
M.Ed. Program Overview
There are four unique opportunities for M. Ed. candidates. Here is a brief overview – for more information check out the “M.Ed. Program Details” section below:
- Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction Program: Designed for P-12 educators who want to deepen and expand their content, curriculum, and pedagogical skills. Applicants should hold a current teaching license.
- Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction Program - Post-Secondary Education Track and the Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Higher Education: Designed for emerging and established professionals in higher education and adult education settings. Our graduates are leaders in student affairs, housing, judicial affairs, academic affairs, financial aid, admissions, athletics, and community education.
- Ed. Education Leadership Program: This is an advanced licensure program designed to prepare educational leaders. Individuals who complete the M.Ed. Education Leadership Program are eligible for the MSDE Administrator I Certificate. Applicants must have initial teaching licensure and two years of teaching experience before beginning coursework.
Looking for something else? For an overview of all graduate programs across the university to meet your needs, please visit check out our Advanced Programs for Educators information.
Want to know more about the M.Ed.? Contact the Department Chair: Dr. Douglas DeWitt
For detailed application and graduate scholarship information, visit the Office of Graduate Studies.
M.Ed. Program Details
Outdoor Education Leadership Program Overview
Graduates of the program are able to: 1) apply leadership principles in field experiences; 2) qualify for regional and national jobs in outdoor leadership and interpretation; 3) evaluate, develop, facilitate, and lead groups; 4) effectively manage risk and respond in crisis situations; 5) articulate human relationship to and demonstrate stewardship of the environment.
The Outdoor Education Leadership BA program requires 43 course credits, as well as a minimum of 18 minor credits, with additional general education and elective courses.
2 M.Ed. Curriculum & Instruction Options
3 M.Ed. Programs
4 Graduate Scholarships Available