Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Higher Education
The certificate in higher education is designed for both emerging and established professionals pursuing leadership positions in higher education and adult education. Alumni of the program work in a variety of settings, including adult education agencies, community colleges, universities and government.
Program of Study
For admission to the certificate program, candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 minimum GPA in undergraduate work or possess a higher degree.
Note that this certificate is not a teaching certificate and does not carry a teaching credential.
The program requires students to complete the following 15 hours of graduate coursework:
- EDUC 502 Introduction to Research
- EDUC 560 College Teaching
- EDUC 561 Seminar: Issues and Trends in Postsecondary Education
- EDUC 563 Teaching Adults
- EDUC 562 College Student Development Theory
- EDUC 620 Legal Issues in Higher Education
- EDUC 665 Internship in Postsecondary Education
- EDUC 695 Research Seminar