DRC S.T.A.R.S. (Student Transition, Access, Retention, and Success) Transition Program
- Monday, August 22 - Wednesday, August 24, 2022
The DRC S.T.A.R.S. Program embraces disability as a dimension of diversity and represents the University’s commitment to fostering an inclusive environment through the appreciation and respect of all differences. The program is designed to provide incoming students with disabilities with the information, resources, and DRC services necessary to ensure a seamless transition to Salisbury University. In addition, students will be paired with a knowledgeable peer mentor who will further assist with acclimating to and navigating the campus; connecting with campus resources; and becoming socially engaged in campus events and activities throughout the academic year.
Program activities include:
- Early move-in on Monday, August 22nd
- Parent/Family Advocate Session
- Mentor Meet & Greet
- Explore assistive technology
- Disability Resource Center overview
- "Find your classes" tour of campus
- Understanding and utilizing campus resources
- Fun activities, games, and MORE!
For more information about the DRC STARS Program, please contact the DRC!