The Disability Resource Center is dedicated to our mission to foster accessible and inclusive learning opportunities and environments for students with disabilities at SU. Through interactive learning experiences and facilitated conversations, the AccessAbility Advocate Training Program is designed to promote disability awareness, understanding, acceptance, and inclusion by challenging traditional perceptions of disability and examining common societal barriers.
DRC AccessAbility Advocate Trainings
In addition to our standard training options, DRC staff can customize a unique professional development training on any of the following subject matter:
- Disability Inclusion 101
- Workplace and/or Internship accommodations
- Supporting Disability Inclusion: Advocate, Activist, & Ally
- Legal compliance: Implementing reasonable accommodations
- Accessible events & programming
- History of the Disability Rights Movement
- Inclusive Pedagogy
- Disability Studies Minor: Culture & Practice
Disability Inclusive Language
In addition to training, the DRC hosts several campus-wide outreach initiatives throughout the academic year.
- Disability History and Awareness Month (October)
- Neurodiversity Week (March)
- Access Week (April)
- Delta Alpha Pi Honor Society Induction (April)
- Access Awards (April)
- Disability Pride (July)
For more information about upcoming events, please contact the DRC!
Wellness Connection Workshop Program
Looking to educate a group of students on another area of wellness? Check out all wellness related workshops available through the Wellness Connection Workshop Program.