Bicycle Friendly University
On November 15th, 2018, Salisbury University was named a Bronze level Bicycle Friendly University (BFU) through the League of American Bicyclists. The League has established essential elements of a Bicycle Friendly University, known as the Five E’s. Salisbury University is commitment to promoting and providing a more bikeable campus for students, staff and visitors through our continual evaluation and improvement of the 5 E’S:
- Engineering: Creating safe and convenient places to ride and park
- Education: Giving people of all ages and abilities the skills and confidence to ride
- Encouragement: Creating a strong bike culture that welcomes and celebrates bicycling
- Enforcement: Ensuring safe roads for all users
- Evaluation & Planning: Planning for bicycling as a safe and viable transportation option
- Bicycle parking stations on campus where you can secure your bicycle.
- Self-service bicycle repair stations on campus, free for you to use.
- Local area bicycling resources from the City of Salisbury.
- Bicycle safety tips from the Street Smart Sea Gulls campaign.
- Borrow a bicycle helmet from the SU library.
- Bicycle theft prevention and personal safety tips from University Police.
- Register your bicycle to help recover it should it become lost or stolen.
Attend a Cycling Event
- The 2019 Seagull Century will be held on, Saturday, October 5th, 2019.