Salisbury University’s Physical Plant maintains SU’s buildings, facilities and grounds with the goal of providing a safe, efficient and aesthetically pleasing campus for all students, faculty, staff and our guests.
Let Us Help! Physical Plant Service Center 410-677-3097
Our friendly staff of professionals
Fall/Spring Semester: Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
Winter/Summer: Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
For Routine Work Request
Please submit an online work request
Or call 410-677-3097
For Emergency Requests
Please call in all emergency requests to the Physical Plant Service Center at 410-677-3097 during the hours listed above. For emergencies after hours, nights and weekends, please call University Police at 410-543-6222. Emergency personnel will be dispatched. Examples of emergencies are:
- Smoke or gas smell
- Flooding or overflowing toilets or sinks
- Safety or trip hazards such as ice or fallen trees or tree limbs
- Electrical power outages
- Person trapped in an elevator
Work Order Exceptions
Sometimes the work needed requires a different mode of
- Event-Related Requests: Submit online
workorderto Facilities Reservations (410-548-3344)
- Bed Lofting: Contact University Housing (410-543-6040)
- Cable TV or Telephone Repairs: Call the switchboard at 410-543-6000
- Cable TV Moves or Changes: Contact Telecommunications (410-543-6501)
- Keys: Submit
workorderto University Police (410-543-6222) – They will assign key control numbers and forward to Physical Plant.
- Vending Machine Issues: Contact University Dining Services at 410-543-6105
For questions concerning the Physical Plant Service Center, please contact Nancy Birch, Service Center Manager at 410-677-4981 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Offices and Services
It takes a lot of people to keep Salisbury University running, growing and beautiful. Here are the offices that make up the Physical Plant and how they help.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why did someone from Physical Plant come into my room or office when I was not there?
- What is the priority of a work order? When will someone respond?
- Why are the heating or cooling systems in the residence halls sometimes turned off?
- If I see bugs (ants, roaches, etc.), whom do I call? When does the exterminator arrive?
Professional Affiliations and Guidance
SU is proud to be affiliated with and receive guidance from a number of professional management, construction and environmental organizations. Learn more about the company we keep!