Locker Use Policies
Near the Library Service Desk and the Café, there are several lockers available for storing your personal belongings while you are in the library or on campus. The smaller charging lockers use personal combinations that you set to secure your items, and they include power outlets so your devices can charge while you're in class or studying. These lockers are available on a first come, first served basis.
The larger lockers may be reserved for one semester at a time, and keyed locks are provided. Lockers may be reserved by SU students, staff, and faculty. Community members who hold a valid Special Borrower Card with no outstanding fines may also reserve a locker. To reserve a locker, please visit the Library Service Desk during normal business hours to complete the necessary registration form.
Patrons must agree to the following in order to use a locker.
- Lockers may be reserved by SU students, staff, and faculty. Community members who hold a valid Special Borrower Card with no outstanding fines may also reserve a locker.
- Materials kept in lockers and locker keys are the responsibility of the user. The library takes no responsibility for material lost, stolen, or damaged while stored in lockers.
- Library staff will not open a locker in the case of a forgotten key. Do not ask Library staff to open your locker if you have forgotten your key.
- Food and drink may not be stored in lockers. All food found in lockers will be discarded immediately.
- Library books charged out for home loan may be kept in lockers, if they are not overdue. Other library materials that have not been charged out may not be kept in lockers.
- Library staff will have access to materials stored in lockers, may periodically make unannounced inspections, and may remove materials from lockers.
- You will be contacted near the end of the semester regarding your locker, and you will be given a due date by which keys must be returned. Locker keys must be returned in person, to a Circulation staff member at the Library Service Desk. Lockers will be cleared for future reassignment after the end of the semester. Any remaining locker contents will be considered abandoned property and will be taken to the Library's lost and found area.
- It is your responsibility to provide current contact information so Library staff can reach you. To avoid personal items being removed from your locker as described above in item 7, you must notify Circulation staff at the Library Service Desk of any address changes.
- Keys are subject to a late fee of $1.00 per day up to a maximum of $15.
- Keys not returned before the first day of the next semester will be considered lost, and you will be assessed a Locker Key Replacement Fee of $20 in addition to the late fee.
- Please advise Circulation staff at the Library Service Desk immediately if you lose your locker key. This will enable us to rekey the locker for another user. If we have a locker available, upon payment of a $20 key replacement fee, we will issue you a locker.
- Locker assignments are made on a first-come, first-served basis, and locker assignments are non-transferable.
- Patrons may reserve only one locker at a time per semester.
- Violation of these rules may result in suspension of privileges.