Upcoming Library Events
All events are free, unless marked with a $ sign.
- Exhibit: If Objects Could Talk: The History Behind Eastern Shore Artifacts, GAC, Thompson Gallery, 4th floor, through July 26, open during Nabb Center hours.
- Exhibit: Captured in Time: Glimpses of the Eastern Shore through the Camera Lens, GAC, 1st floor, through July 26, open during GAC hours.
- Reception: For Captured in Time exhibit, GAC, 1st floor, Thursday, February 21, 6-7 p.m.
- Lecture: “Birthright Citizens: A History of Race & Rights in Antebellum America,” by Martha S. Jones, Johns Hopkins University, Perdue Hall 156, Thursday, February 21, 7 p.m., co-sponsored by the Nabb Center.
- Film and Panel Discussion: Screening of Talking Back in America followed by a panel discussion with SU Faculty, sponsored by the SU Libraries, Fulton Hall 111, Thursday, February 28, 6 p.m.
- Contest: Lower Eastern Shore National History Day contest, co-sponsored by the SU Libraries and SU’s Fulton School of Liberal Arts, Saturday, March 2, 9 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Click for more information.
- Lecture: “Hidden Stories of Objects from the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum Collection,” by Pete Lesher, Chief Curator of the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, GAC, Nabb Center Classroom, Thursday, April 4, 6:30 p.m.
- Lecture: “Photographic Innovation and the Delmarva Peninsula,” by SU professor Jennifer Kruglinski, GAC, Nabb Center Classroom, Thursday, April 11, 6 p.m.
- Conference: 2019 Children’s and Young Adult Literature Festival Conference, Conway Hall 226 (Curriculum Resource Center), Saturday, April 27. $
- Workshop: “Exploring Photography” Workshop, led by SU professor Jeanne Anderton, GAC, Nabb Center Classroom, Saturday, April 27, 10:30 a.m.; registration required.
- Nabb Center Fundraiser: Watkins Point Farm, Marion Station, Saturday, May 4, details available soon. $
- Conference: “Chesapeake Studies: Casting a Wide Net,” inaugural Chesapeake Studies conference, co-sponsored by the SU Libraries, GAC and elsewhere, Wednesday, June 5-Friday, June 7. Click for more information. $