- The Pennsylvania State University, PhD, Spanish Language and Literature, 1998
- The Pennsylvania State University, MA, Spanish Language and Literature, 1994
- Loyola University of Maryland, BA, Political Science, 1991
Areas of Expertise
- Spanish language, Latin American Literature, Latin American and Spanish Culture and Civilization
- Study Abroad in the US Higher Education Context
- International Student and Scholar Services in the US Higher Education Context
Brian Stiegler earned his PhD in Spanish language and Latin American Literature at the Pennsylvania State University. He currently serves as Assistant Provost for International Education at Salisbury University and has served as the Director of the Janet Dudley-Eshbach Center for International Education since 2006. His current duties include the supervision of education abroad programming, international student and scholar services, the English Language Institute, and global partnerships. He has served on multiple international education leadership boards in the US including the American Council on Education Commission for Internationalization and Global Engagement and the Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship National Advisory Committee. His most recent publications are focused on comprehensive internationalization at public comprehensive universities in the US.