General Mold Information & Frequently Asked Questions
The health and safety of the campus community is our top priority. The Office of Environmental Safety, Physical Plant, and Housing & Residence Life work collaboratively to prevent and address mold growth on campus.
Students, faculty and staff are instrumental in helping to prevent and report mold growth in campus rooms and offices during the hot and humid months of the year. Review this FAQ to learn more.
- What are molds?
- How do you decrease the potential for indoor mold?
- How do molds affect people?
- Are certain populations at greater risk from mold exposure?
- If I see or suspect mold in my office or on-campus residence, what should I do?
- I’ve reported mold in my residence or office space. What happens next?
- Should the air in my room be sampled and tested for mold?
- What about “toxic mold” and “black mold?” Aren’t they particularly dangerous?
- No mold was found in my work or living space, but I’m still ill. What should I do?
- Where can I find more information about mold?