OURCA NCUR Travel Grant Award Program
Welcome to Salisbury University’s Travel Grant Award program for the 2021 National Conference on Undergraduate Research which will be held virtually.
At least 4,000 undergraduate students from colleges and universities across the US and other nations, representing all academic disciplines, gather to present their research, creative or scholarly projects. NCUR creates a unique environment to celebrate and promote exemplary student achievement which serves to advance and enrich undergraduate education.
Have you done an independent research paper, or developed a good business plan? Do you have a teaching philosophy or civic engagement initiative you want to share with colleagues? Have you recently conducted scientific research in the lab or field? Have you created artwork or a performance to display? Students who have done significant independent academic work - in any academic program or major - are urged to consider submitting a proposal.
The 35th Annual National Conference on Undergraduate Research will be held at Virtually, April 12-14, 2021. Please visit NCUR 2021 Website for more information
|Early Decision Abstract Submission*||November 1, 2020|
|Abstract Submission (January-March registration period)||December 1, 2020|
|Early Decision Registration*||December 31, 2020|
|Early Bird Registration||January 31, 2021|
|Regular Registration||March 19, 2021|
OURCA Travel Grant
SU’s Office of Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities (OURCA) sponsors a Travel Grant Award Program which enables outstanding SU undergraduate students to present their research, creative or scholarly projects at the National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR). This year this grant will fund registration cost since there are no travel costs given that the conference is virtual. Students must be registered as undergraduates at Salisbury University in Spring 2021 in order to qualify. Please note that this year the Travel Grant Award Program is highly competitive with funds for a limited number of students.
What if I was accepted to NCUR last year, but didn’t get to present?
If your abstract was accepted to NCUR 2020, you can resubmit the abstract to NCUR 2021 and the abstract will be automatically accepted. However, you must submit your abstract via the NCUR 2021 portal. Instructions for submitting your abstract.
SU NCUR Travel Grant Submission Instructions
- You must submit your abstract to NCUR by their deadline of December 1, 2020 to the NCUR abstract submission.
- Only those submissions accepted by NCUR will be eligible for the SU NCUR travel award.
To apply for the SU NCUR Travel Grant, please follow the steps below:
- First, to submit an application for the SU NCUR travel grant, have your abstract and your faculty mentor's signed recommendation letter in pdf format ready to be uploaded to the site.
- View Sample Abstracts
- SU NCUR Travel Grant Application Guidelines (PDF)
- Login to the SU NCUR Travel Grant Abstract Submission site (may require SU login)
- Abstract Submission
- Note: if prompted to login - enter "salisbury\yourusername" (no quotes) as the username and your SU network password
- Complete all fields on the form and certify that you agree to attend NCUR 2021vitually from April 12-14, 20201 if your abstract is accepted for presentation.
- Upload two documents for review for your SU Travel Grant Application: Your abstract document AND your faculty mentor letter of support , both in pdf format.
- Deadline Tuesday, December 8, 2020.
For abstract submissions that you are recommending, please provide the students with your signed letter in pdf format. Students should upload the faculty mentor's letter along with the abstract.
Any questions: please contact one of us at OURCA