Henson Scholarship Review Committee
The Committee Role
- Receives scholarship applications from Academic Works.
- Reviews applications and submits recommendations for awards to the Dean of the Henson School.
- Committee members serve as their respective academic department’s representative at the annual Henson Scholar Luncheon.
The Committee Composition
The committee has five voting members: one from each of the Henson School departments, elected by their respective departments. The School Dean or designee, serves as ex officio, non-voting member. The committee elects its chairperson annually.
Current Committee Members
- Biological Sciences: Jessica Clark
- Chemistry: David Keifer
- Geography & Geosciences: Fulbert Namwamba
- Mathematics & Computer Science: Troy Banks
- Physics: Mark Muller
- Dean’s Office: Michael Scott (Committee Chair)
Committee meetings are held upon the committee chair’s request and are typically held in the Henson Dean’s conference room. For updated meeting information, please contact the committee chair.