Henson Curriculum Committee
The Committee Role
- Receives curriculum proposals from departments.
- Reviews proposals and submits approved proposals to the University Curriculum Committee (UCC).
- Provides feedback and suggests revisions to the department chair for proposals that are not approved.
The Committee Composition
The committee has five voting members: one from each of the Henson School departments, elected by their respective departments. The School Dean or designee, University Registrar or designee, Library Liaison, and Advising Services Coordinator serve as ex officio, non-voting members. The committee elects its chairperson annually.
Current Committee Members
- Biological Sciences: Jennifer Nyland, committee chairperson
- Chemistry: Anita Brown
- Geography & Geosciences: Craig Ramseyer
- Mathematics & Computer Science: Alex Halperin
- Physics: Gail Welsh
Current Semester Meeting Dates
Committee meetings are typically Wednesdays 4-5pm in the Henson Dean’s conference room
Fall 2019 Meeting Dates:
- August 28
- September 11
- September 25
- October 9
- October 23
- November 6
- November 20
- December 4