Master of Business Administration Admission
In order to begin work on the master's degree requirements, the following foundation courses must be completed with a grade of C or better prior to the first semester in which the first 600-level course is taken:
- ACCT 201 Principles of Accounting I
- ECON 211 Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 150 Principles of Economics
- FINA 311 Financial Management
- INFO 326 Production and Operations Management
Any foundation course may be waived if the student has completed an undergraduate or graduate survey course with similar coverage with a grade of C or better. A waiver exam may be taken to validate an undergraduate course that does not meet the grade requirement, or when the student has acquired the knowledge covered in a core course without having earned academic credit. Students may take a waiver exam with permission of the graduate program director.
Upon entering graduate courses, faculty teaching within the M.B.A. program assume graduate students are knowledgeable in subject matter related to the required foundation courses above. Additionally, graduate students are expected to possess the following basic skills:
- Quantitative skills: Students need a knowledge of algebra and basic calculus.
- Verbal skills: The ability to collect relevant information, organize thoughts and communicate them clearly.
- Computer skills: Students should display competence in word processing and spreadsheets.
- Information systems literacy: A student should be familiar with information technologies and information systems applications.
Admission to the program requires applicants to complete an Application for Graduate Admission at Salisbury University – visit the Graduate Studies Office for details – and the following program-specific requirements:
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) score sent to institution #6F2-SX-08 for part-time students OR 6F2-SX-78 for full-time students. A minimum GMAT score of 400 is required. Applicants who have already taken the GRE revised General Test may supply this score in lieu of the GMAT. The report must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service. A waiver of the GMAT/GRE requirement is an option for students who:
- have an advanced degree with a 3.0 GPA or higher
- have a bachelor’s degree with a GPA of 3.50 or higher
- have a Perdue School of Business Bachelor of Science with a GPA of 3.30 or higher
- have a bachelor’s degree with a GPA of 3.25 or higher with two years of relevant work experience required (defined at the middle-management level with supervisory/budget responsibilities or higher).
- Three letters of professional or academic recommendation from individuals qualified to judge the applicant’s ability to do graduate work in business using our Recommendation Form.
- Current resume.
- Essay stating reasons that pursuing a master’s degree will meet personal, professional and academic goals and what is unique about the applicant's candidacy (maximum two pages, double-spaced).
Application materials not included on the online application, such as transcripts and test scores, should be sent to the Office of Graduate Studies and Research, 1101 Camden Avenue, Salisbury, MD 21801.