Be an SU Brand Ambassador
Brand Ambassadors are current students who are leaders in our community, who convey a wealth of knowledge about SU’s on-campus community and who have a passion for social media. Brand Ambassadors help to tell the SU story in an authentic voice and fill a crucial institutional need. As more prospective students are visiting SU’s online profiles to develop an idea of campus life, we must ensure that the online content is accurate and the student voice is heard. The audience for the produced content reaches farther than prospective students, it includes current students, faculty/staff, alumni, recruiters and friends of Salisbury University. The Brand Ambassadors will provide key insights into student life at SU!
All Brand Ambassadors must be active advocates for the institution through both personal and University-based accounts, as well as in non-virtual interactions and settings, as possible. Ambassadors must act professionally, keeping in mind that they represent the University (i.e. appropriate language, pictures, videos, etc.). Ambassadors are required to abide by SU social media policies. The University reserves the right to replace any students who are not able to comply.
The ideal candidate maintains a personal presence on all social media platforms, including, but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn, and should be comfortable responding to inquiries, questions and discussions as directed by Megan Baker, public relations specialist.
Required to maintain a presence on at least one of the following platforms:
- Additional channels as deemed appropriate
Required to contribute to the SU accounts by creating one of the following at least once a month:
- Web articles/ blogs
- Video content
- Photo content
- Encouraged to create a video and/or photo album once a semester. Assets may be created individually or in teams.
Required to attend:
- One group meeting per semester in the Marketing and Communication Office.
- Weekly digital check-ins via Microsoft Teams or email
BENEFITS: Professional Development:
- Resume-building experience that can be shared with future employers
- Opportunity to establish and/or further develop online personal brand
- Opportunity to participate in potential photo/video shoots to support University marketing efforts
- Recommendation letter upon request
- Exposure to social media brand strategy and new platforms through practice and training
Join the Team
If you are interested in becoming a Brand Ambassador, reach out to a member of the MarCom Team and let them know!