Make Tomorrow Yours at SU
Salisbury University is many different things to each of us – a welcoming campus that feels like home, hub for forward-thinking scholars, community partner, the starting point for a bright future. But what makes us who we are? The SU brand is more than a logo or marketing tool. The experiences others have with our campus are what define and connect us. Our stories and the way they are told define us in the minds of our audience. It’s not just how we look or what we say – it’s what we do together.
Our Brand Promise
SU is home to inspired students and educators, fostering rich opportunities and a broad world view to challenge ourselves to shape the future. We are the place where “tomorrow” begins.
This brand promise is made possible by a set of elements known as brand pillars. They provide structure and authenticity for the brand and drive compelling messaging. Within each pillar there are reasons to believe: the proof points that support that pillar. The University’s strategic planning and branding processes have articulated these brand pillars for SU:
Core Concept & Brand Character
“Salisbury University sets success in motion.” This idea is core to our brand, the centering idea that builds our character as an institution. To uphold this idea, these characteristics may be adopted into your messaging, but they don’t have to be explicitly seen or heard to be understood – they should be felt: Proud, Passionate, Supportive, Authentic, Inclusive, Focused on Excellence
An elevator speech is a consistently used, memorable statement that is meant to concisely capture the essence and brand of SU. Whether you’re tweeting on social media, giving a speech, having a student conversation or creating a webpage, here are some examples of how you can get the most power out of your Salisbury brand message:
Tell Your SU Story
SU is powered by the stories and accomplishments of an excellent and inclusive community of faculty, staff, students, alumni and many other partners. A brand helps us focus that power into a unified message that shows SU at its finest. We want to hear how SU helped shape your tomorrow. Email us your stories to email@example.com.
Using the SU Brand
The following guidelines and resources will help you correctly use the University brand and visual identity in print, electronic, social media and other communications. Introduce yourself to the University brand and help us tell the SU story.
- Brand Guide – Dig deep into the SU brand with this overview guide (note: the Brand Guide is password protected. Click the link and enter your FULL email address and network password when prompted).
- Brand FAQs – You’ve got questions and we’ve got answers to some of your thoughts about the SU brand.
- Brand Policy – Please view this policy to learn about the acceptable use of the brand.
- Visual Brand Elements – This is your one-stop for all things visual regarding the brand – in addition to a Graphics Standards Manual, you’ll find downloadable logos, templates and backgrounds.
- Brand Writing Guide – Want to be sure you are writing to support the brand by reviewing this handy list of Dos and Don’ts.
- Text Style Guide
- Inclusive and Affirming Language Guide
- Social Media & Brand Ambassadors
- History of the Brand Exercise Project
Have a brand question? We want to partner with you to get the most from it. Learn more about what SU’s Marketing and Communications Team does. Contact us or enter online work tickets via the Publications Support Center or the Marketing & Communications Support Center to start your project today.