Center For Student Achievement
Be the best student you can be! The Center for Student Achievement (CSA) helps you maximize your academic potential to make the most of your SU degree.
Academic Support for You
In collaboration with Academic Affairs and Student Affairs, the CSA supports your learning, academic success and personal growth through an array of programs, including success coaching, academic workshops, Supplemental Instruction and tutoring that are designed to maximize your academic achievement. Our goals are to:
- promote academic success through strategic use of resources
- increase your ability to become an independent learner
- partner with faculty to create a "seamless learning environment" (Kuh, 1996)
- help you develop competencies that will directly enhance your success in the classroom
- support initiatives to increase student retention and graduation rates
Meet our friendly and helpful staff who are here to help you.
Parents: Review these Talking Points to support your Seagull.
Alumni/Family Weekend photos: Check out the Alumni and Family weekend photos on Flickr.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the CSA hours?
- Do I need to make an appointment for tutoring?
- Who are the tutors?
- If I need help with time management, study skills, etc. can the CSA help me?
- How long are the workshops?
- How do I make an appointment?
- How much do your services cost?
- If I have questions about advising where do I go?
- Can I get help with my writing skills?
- May I use your computers?
Additional Student Resources
Faculty we are here to help you too! Our Faculty Resources include workshops and presentations that we can provide to your classes and forms to nominate a Supplemental Instruction.