Downloading & Installing Respondus
- Open a web browser and go to SU Respondus download page
- You will be prompted to log into the secure web server for SU. Type your campus network username and password and click OK.
If you have successfully logged into the secure web server, a page will display entitled Respondus Download.
Please read and record the Institution Name, Local Support Contact and Installation Password. You will need this information once Respondus is installed.
- Follow the "Click here to download" link.
A new window will appear asking you what do to with the file. Select the option to Run.
Optional instructions: If the Run option does not work, try to Save the file to a location on your computer. Once the file is downloaded, it should be named Respondus35Campus.Exe, double click on the file to begin the installation.
- You may be prompted with a security warning. Click Run to continue.
- The installation will begin, click Next.
- Read the license agreement and click I accept to continue with the installation and click Next.
- You will be asked to select where you would like the files installed. It is usually best to select the default location - so click Next.
- You will be asked to choose where you would like to store the files you create in Respondus. We recommend creating a subfolder under My Documents for your Respondus Projects. Once you have selected the location you want click Next.
- Click Install.
- At this point Respondus will install the necessary files. It will then ask if you would like to install the equation editor. Select Yes if you include mathematical equations in your quizzes/exams. Otherwise select No and skip to instruction 15.
- The Equation Editor installation will begin. Click OK to begin the installation accepting the default installation location.
- When it is finished, uncheck the "View Read me" option and click OK.
- Now Respondus is fully installed - click Finish to exit the installation program.
Open Respondus and type in the license information
- Double click on the Respondus Campus-Wide icon on your desktop.
- You will be prompted for the Respondus licensing information. Type in the appropriate information that was given at the SU Respondus download page and click License.
- You will be prompted as to whether you would like to signup for a Respondus Newsletter - click Sign Up or Close as desired.
Change Respondus Personality
The next window will ask you to choose a CMS (Course Management System) Personality. Select:
- Instructure Canvas (for MyClasses Canvas)
- Platform-Neutral (for creating paper quizzes/exams for your classroom)
Click OK to continue.
- The program will open. To learn how to use Respondus attend a Instructional Design & Delivery workshop.