Camtasia Studio is an application that facilitates the capture, editing and production of multimedia on a desktop computer.
Camtasia studio is currently only available for the Microsoft Windows platform and can be processor intensive when working with recordings. The user is able to capture video of anything on their computer screen (microphone and webcam input as well), and then edit and produce high-quality clips in many different file formats with a smart, quick to learn, and feature-rich interface.
Key features of Camtasia Studio:
- Capture computer screen and demonstrate step-by-step instructions
- Narrate PowerPoints
- Emphasize and elaborate with callouts
- Collect quiz results via email or SCORM-compliant LMS
- Make content accessible with closed captioning
- Transform videos with robust editing capabilities
Camtasia is available for use in the ID&D Faculty Development Studio (AC221), the ID&D Faculty Development Recording Studios (AC221A and AC221B), as well as on laptops available for faculty checkout. If you would like to have Camtasia installed on your office computer, you will need to coordinate with your department to purchase the software.
Please contact the Instructional Design and Delivery team for a demonstration or help creating a project.