To be eligible for this scholarship program participants have to:
- Be classroom teachers/educational personnel currently teaching/employed in one of the following nine Maryland counties: Anne Arundel, Caroline, Cecil, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne's, Somerset, Talbot, Wicomico, or Worcester.
- Accepted candidates must meet Maryland residency requirements for tuition purposes.
- Possess current Maryland state certification/provisional certification in any content area/administrative role.
- Be teaching/administering at any grade level (pre-K through 12) and in any content area.
- Possess a minimum of an undergraduate baccalaureate degree in any subject area. (If GPA was not 3.0 or higher, contact Bob Hoffman at 410-543-6224.)
- Must not be enrolled in a doctoral program at Salisbury University before or while taking TARGET courses.
Applications are especially encouraged from traditionally underrepresented minority groups in the teaching profession.