Modern Language Events
- Au Nid des Mouettes: French conversation group for beginner students that meets monthly in the Café of Conway Hall. It is also open to the campus community at large and to anyone who wants to practice speaking French.
- La Société française (Pause Café): French conversation group for intermediate and advanced students that meets monthly in the lounge area of Conway Hall (376). It is open to the community and to anyone who wants to practice French.
- Hora de Conversación: Spanish conversation group for beginner students that meets monthly in the Café of Conway Hall. It is also open to the campus community at large and to anyone who wants to practice speaking Spanish.
- Sobremesa: Spanish conversation group for intermediate to advanced speakers that meets monthly on campus and in a local latino restaurant. The Sobremesa activities varies, from reading poetry in groups and making cardboard books to making food together in the Philosophy House kitchen or the International house.
- Intercambio: Summer bilingual Spanish conversation group for Spanish majors and minors with Spanish-speaking community members. Students speak in Spanish for half the time and English the other half to allow the community members to practice English too.
- Film Festival: Francophone films (Tournées) or Latin American and Spanish films (Pragda). These events, open to the public, are made possible thanks to grants from the French and the Spanish embassies and are organized by the Faculty of the Department of Modern Languages and Intercultural Studies. Each festival shows 4-5 films. We offer one festival a year, alternating between French and Spanish-speaking movies. Film' introductions and discussions are led by SU faculty.
- A complete list of cultural events can be found in the Panorama Brochure. (Office of Cultural Affairs)