Test Your Knowledge
Now that you have reviewed Salisbury University’s emergency procedures, let’s test your knowledge. Please answer the following questions.
True or False:
- A tornado warning is issued when a tornado has been sighted in the area of the campus.
- There are two waves of emergency alerts. They are the initial alert or first wave and the update or second wave.
- An armed intruder means that one or more persons are armed with weapons on or in the immediate area of the campus.
- If there is an event that requires the immediate evacuation of the entire campus, you will be permitted 5 minutes to finish whatever you are doing before evacuating.
- The Emergency Alert System includes the following: siren and paging system, emergency mass notification system, Campus TV Channel 24, and emergency email notification.
- Key individuals have been trained to share emergency alert information with specific areas of their respective buildings.
- Questions concerning the emergency response capabilities should be directed to the University Police Chief.
8. When witnessing an event that you consider an emergency, you should do the following: