Criminal or Suspicious Behavior
Dealing with Criminal or Suspicious Behaviors
Everyone is asked to assist in making the campus a safe place by being alert to suspicious situations and promptly reporting them.
Promptly notify University Police at Ext. 36222 or 410-543-6222 to report the incident, including the following:
- Nature of the incident
- Location of the incident
- Description of person(s) involved
- Description of property involved
If you observe a criminal act, or whenever you observe a suspicious person on campus:
- Immediately notify University Police at Ext. 36222 or 410-543-6222.
- Assist the officers when they arrive by supplying them with all additional information and ask others to cooperate.
- If there is gunfire or an explosion, you should take cover immediately using all available concealment. After the disturbance, seek emergency first aid if necessary.
In addition to sexual offenses as defined by Maryland Annotated Code, the University System of Maryland Board of Regents has adopted the following definitions.