In the event of an emergency situation requiring a secured campus, the Salisbury University Public Relations Office, at the direction of University Police and Student Affairs Office, will alert the campus using the following:
- University e-mail
- Gull Line (a campus telephone hotline)
- University website
- Signs in campus buildings
- Campus media outlets including WSCL/WSDL Public Radio Delmarva, WXSU Student Radio, five campus television cable stations (located in the residence halls, the University Center, Caruthers Hall and selected offices)
- Public Access Television (PAC 14)
- All local, commercial media
For students living on campus, SU residence hall staff will ensure quick and effective communication in each building. This is also the case for University Park, a public-private partnership for student housing which borders the campus. The SU Office of Student Affairs would also coordinate notification of local landlords where applicable.
University Police has the ability to secure buildings in the event of an emergency. The ability to secure buildings will be accomplished in most cases manually, and in some cases, from the centrally located Gull Card Office. All residence halls can be secured electronically.
In the event of critical emergencies, SU’s lockdown policy will originate from a directive of the University Police chief. Upon which time all available lockdown techniques and technology will be implemented.