SU Alumni Homecoming and Family Weekend October 25-30
SALISBURY, MD---School spirit runs rampant during Alumni Homecoming and Family Weekend at Salisbury University Tuesday-Sunday, October 25-30.
The weekend’s activities are highlighted by the 50-year reunion celebrating the class of 1972 11 a.m. Friday, October 28, in the Worcester Room of the Commons.
The annual Athletics Hall of Fame dinner and induction ceremony caps Friday’s events 6 p.m. in the Guerrieri Academic Commons Assembly Hall. The 2022 inductees are Patrick Brannan ’02 (football), Jill (Cressor) Taylor ’03 (field hockey), Matt Hickman ’08 (men's lacrosse), Stacey Malarkey ’09 (softball), Evan Thomas ’10 (men’s tennis) and Scott Burtzlaff ’10, M’13 (men’s tennis).
Families can start their Saturday morning off with a hearty meal at the Family Weekend Breakfast 9:30-11 a.m. in the Commons dining hall. Cost is $10.50, $8.85 for children (age 6 and under).
Capture the moment of the weekend with free family photos with an SU-affiliated photographer 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Saturday, October 29, at the Fulton Hall Fountain. Reservations are not required.
A festive Flock Party and carnival is 11 a.m.-3 p.m. on Wayne Street in front of Sea Gull Stadium. Free family and student-friendly activities fill the streets in advance of Homecoming athletics events. Admission is free. Food and beverages will be available for purchase.
SU football hosts Rowan University for the annual Alumni Homecoming and Family Weekend football game, 1 p.m. in Sea Gull Stadium. Tickets are $7; $5 for non-SU students, SU alumni and seniors age 65 and over; $3 for children age 5-12. Tickets are available at the stadium box office beginning at 11 a.m.
That afternoon, families can compete as well, in Family Weekend Bingo 4:30 p.m. in the Guerrieri Student Union Wicomico Room. Each participant receives six bingo sheets with 10 cards. Cost is $20 per person, $15 with student ID (limit one per student ID). All ages can play, must be 18 or older to collect prizes.
The weekend concludes with the “Run the Boards Like Rob” 5k run/walk 8 a.m. Sunday, October 30, at the Dough Roller restaurant, 606 S. Atlantic Ave., in Ocean City. The event honors late Alumni Association Past President Rob Schultheis. Proceeds benefit the Robert Schultheis Memorial Scholarship at SU.
Other events are:
Tuesday, October 25
- 7:30 a.m. – SU Alumni Working at SU Breakfast, Alumni House
- 3 p.m. – Women’s woccer hosts Stevenson University, SU Soccer Complex
Wednesday, October 26
- 5 p.m. – Field hockey hosts Christopher Newport University, Sea Gull Stadium
Thursday, October 27
- Noon – Retired faculty luncheon, Patricia R. Guerrieri Academic Commons Assembly Hall
Friday, October 28
- 7:15 a.m.-7:30 p.m. - Anytime dining with your student, Commons, $14.70 lunch, $18.25 dinner
- 10 a.m. – Golf tournament benefiting men’s and women’s swimming, Nutter’s Crossing Golf Course
- 2-4 p.m. – Study abroad and study away drop-in advising, Janey Dudley-Eshbach Center for International Education
- 3-4:30 p.m. – Meet the vice president of student affairs, Guerrieri Student Union Room 212
- 5 p.m. – Class of 2012 and 2017 young alumni reunion, The Brick Room, 116 N. Division St.
- 6 p.m. – Black Alumni Association: Sea Gull Connect networking event, Holloway Hall Great Hall
- 8 p.m. – Black Alumni Association: The Black Vanguard Mixer, SU Art Galleries
Saturday, October 29
- 9-11 a.m. – Seidel School Early Bird Breakfast Buffet, Conway Hall Room 176 Lobby
- 10 a.m.-11:30 a.m. – Richard A. Henson Medical Simulation Center Tours, 106 Pine Bluff Road
- 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m. - Anytime lunch with your student, Commons, $14.70
- 11 a.m.-3 p.m. - Food for the Flock SU food pantry drive, Sea Gull Stadium
- 1 p.m. – Men’s soccer hosts Christopher Newport University, Sea Gull Soccer Complex
- 2 p.m. – Men’s and women’s cross country hosts the Coast-to-Coast Athletic Conference championships at Winter Place Park, 6737 Blue Ribbon Road
- 4 p.m. – Black Alumni Association: Bury Strikes Bowling Tournament, Southbound Alley, 1524 S. Salisbury Boulevard
- 4:40 p.m.-7:30 p.m. - Anytime dinner with your student, Commons, $18.25
- 5 p.m. – Men’s soccer alumni gathering, Specific Gravity, 105 E. College Ave.
- 5:30 p.m. – Cross country alumni gathering, Adam’s Taphouse Grille, 219 N. Fruitland Blvd., Fruitland, MD
- 5:30-8 p.m. – 1970’s Black alumni gathering, Commons, Worcester Room
- 6-9 p.m. – Classes of 1992 and 1997 reunion, Evolution Craft Brewing Company Public House, 210 E. Vine St.
- 7 p.m. – National Pan-Hellenic Council Step Show, Holloway Hall Auditorium
- 10 p.m.-2 a.m. – Black Alumni Association: Back on the Shore alumni party, Revival, 213 W. Main Street, Suite 302
Sunday, October 30
- 2 p.m. – SUGC Gospel Choir Concert. Holloway Hall Auditorium
Registration is required for most reunion events. For more information, or to register, visit the Alumni Homecoming and Family Weekend webpage.
Learn more about SU and opportunities to Make Tomorrow Yours at www.salisbury.edu.