Salisbury University students on campus

Access Cards for Library Visitors

Alumni and members of the wider community are welcome to use the resources available in the Salisbury University Libraries. However, in order to gain access to library buildings, visitors may need to obtain a Visitor Access Card or Community Access Card.

Please note that Community Access Cards are not requestable during the summer. Please visit the library during our posted Visitor Access Hours if you do not have a Community Access Card.

Do I need an Access Card to get into the Library?

The Guerrieri Academic Commons is open to the public without requiring an access card during our Visitor Access Hours listed below. If you would like to access the building outside of these hours and you do not have a Gull Card, you will need an Access Card to gain entry to the Guerrieri Academic Commons and Conway Hall.

Regardless of whether or not you have an access card, you will be able to use all services we provide once you are in the library, including collections, computers, Wi-Fi, printing, the Curriculum Resource Center, the SU Libraries MakerLab, and more. Note that you will still need to request a Special Borrowers Card if you would like to check out materials from the library. If you want to use a library computer or log in to the library Wi-Fi, please come to the Library Service Desk to request a temporary account.

Community members interested in using Nabb Center resources should arrange a visit directly with the Nabb Center. See the Nabb Center website for more information.

How do I get an Access Card?

The easiest way to get an Access Card is to stop by the main entrance of Holloway Hall to get a short-term Visitor Access Card from the security station located in the lobby (between the doors that lead into the auditorium). Cards are available there Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, and those cards will give you access to library buildings for 1-2 days.

If you are unable to stop by Holloway Hall during the available hours or need a card for more than a couple of days, you can request a longer-term Community Access Card from the SU Libraries by following the steps below.  Community Access Cards are intended to be used by patrons using Library services and will not work with other campus buildings. These cards must be delivered through USPS.

Requesting a Community Access Card

  1. Complete and submit a Community Access Card request form (temporarily unavailable). You will receive confirmation of your request by email.
  2. We will mail your Community Access Card to the address you provided on the form. This will include instructions for use, as well as the due date that the card must be returned by.
  3. Once you receive your card in the mail, you can use it to access the Guerrieri Academic Commons and Conway Hall (where the Curriculum Resource Center is located) during regular operating hours.

Returning a Community Access Card

You must return the card by the due date in order to avoid overdue fines. You can return the card in person to any library service desk or mail it back to:

Salisbury University Libraries
Attention: Circulation Department
1101 Camden Ave.
Salisbury, MD 21801

Frequently Asked Questions