- University of Rochester, PhD, Visual and Cultural Studies, 2016
- Boston University, MFA, Film Production, 2009
- Eckerd College, BA, Film Studies, 2006
Areas of Expertise
- Experimental and Independent Cinema
- The Politics and Aesthetics of Editing
- Film and Video Production
My work as a teacher, scholar, and producer is informed by an international and often non-industrial conception of cinema. My research focuses on experimental film/video and international art cinema, and pivots on questions of collective politics, embodiment, and ecology. Alongside my scholarly activity, I am also a producer, having acted in various capacities (director, performer, cinematographer) on a range of film productions. I am also interested in programming and curation, and have organized museum exhibitions on topics ranging from color film processes to the intersection of architecture and cinema. My current book project, Between Images: Montage and the Poetics of Relation (forthcoming Oxford University Press, 2022) looks at the politics and aesthetics of editing in experimental and expanded cinematic practices.