- University of Rochester, PhD, Visual and Cultural Studies, 2016
- Boston University, MFA, Film Production, 2009
- Eckerd College, BA, Film Studies, 2006
Areas of Expertise
- Experimental and Independent Cinema
- The Politics and Aesthetics of Editing
- Film and Video Production
My work as a teacher, scholar, and producer is informed by an international and often non-industrial conception of cinema. My research focuses on experimental film/video and international art cinema, and pivots on questions of collective politics, embodiment, and ecology. Alongside my scholarly activity, I am also a producer, having acted in various capacities (director, performer, cinematographer) on a range of film productions. I am also interested in programming and curation, and have organized museum exhibitions on topics ranging from color film processes to the intersection of architecture and cinema.