E. Patrick McDermott
- The George Washington University , PhD, Human Resource Management , 1998
- New York University School of Law, LLM, Taxation , 1988
- Rutgers Newark School of Law, JD, , 1984
- Cornell University , MS, Collective Bargaining , 1980
- Cornell University , BS, Industrial and Labor Relations, 1978
Dr. E. Patrick McDermott is a Professor of Management and Legal Studies at the Franklin P. Perdue School of Business and the first Director of Research and Evaluation at the Center for Conflict Resolution at Salisbury University. He has written a book and numerous law review and peer-reviewed journal articles on the use of ADR to resolve workplace conflict, employment law, and industrial relations; this includes the Chinese industrial relations model and China's conversion of state-owned enterprises to private entities. He was a principal researcher for the evaluation of the EEOC mediation program and the TSA Integrated Conflict Management program. He also litigates labor and employment law cases in state and federal court. He is a two time Fulbright Scholar - China in 2007-2008 and Romania in 2018 - 2019.