New Resident Assistant Selection
We need an opportunity to get to know you through an in-depth application that lets us know you're qualified to join our team. Applications will only be accepted electronically via the online application form. Simply complete the application and click the "submit" button. Should you experience any difficulties completing the application, please contact email@example.com.
- Attend one RA Information Session
- Be a full-time undergraduate student
- Minimum 2.50 Cumulative GPA
- Cannot be on any type of University probation and hold the RA position at the same time
- Must have a clean conduct history
- Serve as an RA for the entire academic year (may not student teach)
- Sign up for housing for next year
Frequently Asked Questions
All applicants are required to attend one information session where you will receive all of the information concerning the selection process. Current RAs will also be present to share their experiences and answer your questions.
- Wednesday, October 9, 2018 7:00pm - Nanticoke Hall Classroom
- Monday, October 29, 2018 at 4:00pm - St. Martin Hall 1st Floor Lounge
- Wednesday, November 7, 2018 at 4:00pm - Chester Hall Classroom
- Monday, November 12, 2018 at 7:00pm - Seagull Square Classroom
- Tuesday, November 27, 2018 at 8:00pm - Nanticoke Hall Classroom
- Monday, December 3, 2018 at 4:00pm - Chester Hall Classroom
Timeline for Spring 2019 Applicants (Mid-Year Hire)
- Friday, October 19, 2018: New RA Application available.
- Monday, November 12, 2018 at 4:00pm: Last RA Information Session for those interested in Spring 2019 Hire
- Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 11:59pm: Application & Resume Due for Spring 2019 Hire
- Wednesday, November 26-30, 2018: Interviews for Spring 2019 Hire
- Mid-December - Notification
- January 2019 - Return to SU Early for Winter Training
Timeline for Fall 2019 Applicants
- Friday, October 19, 2018: New RA Application Available.
- Monday, December 3, 2018 at 4:00pm: Last RA Information Session
- Thursday, December 6, 2018 at 6:30pm: Prospective RA Night
- Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 11:59pm: Electronic Application & Résumé Due
- February 2019 - Group Process & New RA Interviews
- March 2019 - Notification
- Late March 2019 - RA Class Begins
- August 2019 - Return to SU Early for Fall RA Training
- January 2020 - Return to SU Early for Winter RA Training
All of the following must be submitted for your application to be considered complete.
- RA Application
- Resume - Please upload a Microsoft Word or PDF file of your resume with your application.