New Resident Assistant Selection
We need an opportunity to get to know you through an in-depth application that lets us know you're qualified to join our team. Applications will only be accepted electronically via the online application form. Simply complete the application and click the "submit" button. Should you experience any difficulties completing the application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attend one RA Information Session
- Be a full-time undergraduate student
- Minimum 2.50 Cumulative GPA
- Cannot be on any type of University probation and hold the RA position at the same time
- Must have a clean conduct history
- Serve as an RA for the entire academic year (may not student teach)
- Sign up for housing for next year
Frequently Asked Questions
All applicants are required to attend one information session where you will receive all of the information concerning the selection process. Current RAs will also be present to share their experiences and answer your questions.
- Wednesday, October 23, 2019 7:00pm - Nanticoke Lounge
- Monday, November 4, 2019 at 4:00pm - St. Martin Hall First Floor Floor Lounge
- Thursday, November 7, 2019 at 8:00pm - Severn Lounge
- Tuesday, November 12, 2019 at 4:00pm - Chester Lounge
- Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 4:00pm - Sea Gull Square Classroom
- Monday, December 2, 2019 at 7:00pm - Nanticoke Lounge
Timeline for Spring 2020 Applicants (Mid-Year Hire)
- Friday, October 25, 2019: New RA Application available.
- Tuesday, November 12, 2019 at 4:00pm: Last RA Information Session for those interested in Spring 2020 Positions
- Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 11:59pm: Application & Resume Due for Spring Candidates
- Monday, November 18-22, 2019: Interviews for Spring 2020 Candidates
- Mid-December 2020 - Hiring Decisions for Spring 2020 will be sent out
- January 2020 - RAs return to campus for training
(Note: Spring hires should also plan on taking the RA Class in the Spring with the Fall 2020 Hires)
Timeline for Fall 2020 Applicants
- Friday, October 25, 2019: New RA Application Available.
- Monday, December 2, 2019 at 4:00pm: Last Info session for Applicants
- Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 6:30pm: Prospective RA Night
- Wednesday, January 8, 2020 at 11:59pm: RA Applications and Resume Due
- February 2020 - Group Process & New RA Interviews
- March 2020 - Hiring Decisions will be sent out
- Late March 2020 - RA Class Begins
- August 2020 - Return to SU Early for Fall RA Training
- January 2021 - Return to SU Early for Winter RA Training
All of the following must be submitted for your application to be considered complete.
- RA Application
- Resume - Please upload a Microsoft Word or PDF file of your resume with your application.