ELI - Mission Statement
The Mission of the ELI at Salisbury University is to provide high quality English language courses and a smooth transition to U.S. culture for international students, professionals and other non-native speakers of English.
The English Language Institute's objectives include:
- Improve both English language and study skills of students in preparation for study at an American college or university, or for personal or professional purposes
- Acquaint students with the cultural knowledge and awareness necessary to transition from life and study in their home countries to life and study in the U.S.
- Provide excellent student support and administrative services
- Maintain the highest standards of English language instruction by employing and developing capable, dynamic and experienced faculty.
- Foster an intellectual atmosphere where professional development is supported, appreciated and pursued by all faculty.
- Enrich Salisbury University campus and faculty at large by encouraging multicultural communication and interaction
- Advance Salisbury University's mission and vision by supporting a community-wide effort to promote an international, cross-cultural learning environment