Welcome to Chemistry @ SU
Our chemistry program fosters development and expression of rational thought and helps prepare you for admission to Ph.D. programs in chemistry, related professional fields (such as medicine and pharmacy), and positions in the chemical and related industries.
The primary mission of the Salisbury University Department of Chemistry is to provide a comprehensive, student-centered undergraduate program of study that meets the changing needs of today's professional chemists in the scientific, health, and education communities.
The chemistry faculty at SU are dedicated to teaching their undergraduate students. They maintain an open-door policy to make themselves available outside of class to help you with the course material. Many of the faculty hold review sessions, problem sessions and homework sessions in addition to their office hours. They cannot learn the material for you, but they will design lectures, activities and assignments to help you learn the material more easily.
Meet the Chemistry Department faculty and staff.
Our Academic Programs
Learn more about the programs offered by our department:
- Chemistry major including the following tracks:
- Chemistry minor
* If accepted to the University of Maryland-Baltimore School of Pharmacy or the University of Maryland, Eastern Shore School of Pharmacy, the accelerated pharmacy track permits the student to complete only three years at Salisbury University and earn a B.S. in chemistry from SU after successful completion of one year of chemistry-related courses at the pharmacy school. Additionally, the University of Maryland, Eastern Shore School of Pharmacy guarantees an interview for students completing the program with a GPA of 3.2 or above.
The Department of Chemistry provides a number of opportunities for you to become involved with the faculty and other chemistry majors in activities outside the classroom. We view your participation in these activities as an important way for us to assess both your interest in the chemical profession and your ability to work and interact with others. Visit our Facebook page to see what is the latest with the department.
Some activities such as the departmental seminar series, which sponsors both on-campus and off-campus speakers, allow you to see chemistry from other perspectives. Others like the Chemistry Club and the ACS Student Affiliate Chapter give you occasions to travel to professional meetings and to other interesting places such as a nuclear power plant or an industrial chemistry lab. Additionally, some of these opportunities are geared to make you feel more a part of the every-day workings of the department and provide a chance for you to contribute in a tangible way to the success of our chemistry program.
- Chemistry Professions
- Chemistry Faculty
- Message from Our Faculty
- Hands-on Experience and Research
- Lab Safety
- Departmental Seminar Series
- ACS Affiliate Chapter
- Department Lab Assistants
- Tutoring / Grading
- Scholarship and Financial Aid Information
- Career Opportunities
- Forensic Chemistry
- Letters of Recommendation
- 8 Major Tracks
- 22 Maximum Students in Labs
- 30 + Courses Offered