Salisbury University students on campus


The department offers three undergraduate research courses (CHEM 210, CHEM 310, and CHEM 410) each of which may be taken twice for credit. These courses provide you a valuable opportunity to carry out an original research project in some specialized area of chemistry of mutual interest to you and a supervising chemistry faculty member. Collaboration on such a project will enhance your skills in creative problem-solving and in application of laboratory and instrumental techniques to a real-world problem. In addition you will work closely with a faculty mentor and have interpersonal skills needed in graduate school and the industrial workplace. For information regarding current projects, contact any member of the faculty.

Students can do chemistry research at Ph.D.-granting institutions as well by applying to NSF-REU programs. All of the NSF-REU programs pay a substantial stipend ($500 or more per week) for you to do 8-10 weeks of research. Once you complete an NSF-REU research activity, you can get research or internship credit for your experience in the following semester. Click on the NSF-REU link for application information.

Questions about internships should be addressed primarily to Dr. Anita Brown but all members of the department are happy to assist you. Other internship information may be available through the Henson School dean's office.