Honors Trips & Activities
The Honors College sponsors various trips throughout the year at little to no cost to our students. Follow us on Facebook to keep up with our students' travels and achievements. Here are a few of our recent trips:
Honors Student Association Christmas Event, December 2017
- The Honors Student Association held their Annual Ugly Sweater Holiday Party where students were able to enjoy food, crafts, and Christmas music!
New York City, November 2017
- At the end of the fall 2017 semester, the Honors College organized a trip to New York City, where students visited the National Museum of the American Indian and got to tour the Big Apple.
Be Kind to Humankind: Compliance Workshop on Research with Human Subjects, November 2017
- The Honors College partnered with The Office on Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity (OURCA) and The Office of Graduate Studies and Research for a Discussion on Human Subject Research with Members of Salisbury University's Institutional Review Board.
Charlottesville: How Did We Get Here? Where Do We Go From Here?, November 2017
- The Honors College partnered with the Institute for Political Affairs and Civic Engagement for a lecture to discuss, reflect, and engage with the topic of Charlottesville lead by Honors College Sophomore, Abiodun Adeoye.
Honors 111 Student Research Conference, November 2017
- 128 Honors 111 students presented their Honors 111: Creative Thinking and Writing Research projects during the Annual Honors College Student Research Conference coordinated by Dr. Wood, Dr. Kock, and Professor Hill.
Representing LGBTQ Characters in Young Adult Literature, November 2017
- The Honors College brought author of several young adult novels, Malinda Lo, to campus to provide an overview of the history of LGBTQ representation in Young Adult Literature.
Honors Student Association Halloween Event, October 2017
- Students enjoyed another successful annual Halloween Potluck hosted by the Honors Student Association. A costume contest, pumpkin painting, and a clever Honors House escape room drew students out in full force!
Honors Freshman Orientation, August 2017
- The Honors College Class of 2022 enjoyed their Honors Freshman Orientation which brought them to campus for an early move-in to the Manokin and Pocomoke Residence Halls, a family dinner, and class bonding at a local entertainment center with Honors College professors, their Resident Assistants, and upperclassmen Honors students.
Northeast Regional Honors Conference, April 2017
- Students attended the Northeast Regional Honors Conference held this year in Pittsburg, PA. They presented research ranging from Solving Nuclear Waste: A Molecular Approach to Informal Mentorship as an Effective Tool to Connect Adolescents. Next year, students will attend the conference held in Providence.
Northeast Regional Honors Conference, April 2016
- Students attended the Northeast Regional Honors Conference held this year in Boston, MA. They presented research ranging from histories of seventeenth-century colonial Virginia to kangaroos in Australia. Next year, students will attend the conference held in Pittsburgh.