SU's PACE Hosts 'Democracy Across the Disciplines' Series
By SU Public Relations
SALISBURY, MD---The Institute for Public Affairs and Civic Engagement (PACE) at Salisbury University hosts the lecture series “Democracy Across the Disciplines: Fair and Just Institutions” 7-8:30 p.m. Mondays throughout the fall semester in the Worcester Room of the Commons.
Each week, conversations discuss pressing issues facing the Eastern Shore. Hear from expert faculty and community leaders, and meet others interested in making a difference. Individuals may attend all sessions or choose the ones that interest them. This semester, the format for the lecture series hones in on three pressing issues over the semester.
- August 28 - "Introduction to Sustainable Development Goals and Academic Interdisciplinarity"
- September 11 – “Introduction: Fair and Just Institutions”
- September 18-October 9 – “Schools”
- October 16-November 6 – “Housing”
- November 13-December 4 – “Prisons”
- December 11 “Student PACE Fellows Presentations”
Admission is free and the public is invited. The series also is offered as a one-credit course, with paid tuition and fees.
Those planning to park on campus must register in advance for a free parking pass.
For more information call 410-677-5054 or visit the PACE webpage.
Learn more about SU and opportunities to Make Tomorrow Yours at www.salisbury.edu.