Important COVID-19 Face Mask Information for SU Students
Dear SU Students,
As Salisbury University continues its COVID-19 precautions, please note the following:
- On Monday, February 14, the University System of Maryland (USM) shared that all USM campuses are “determining modifications” in a “step-down approach” to COVID-19 mitigation protocols. Based on USM guidance, the University Health Team has approved further relaxing SU’s face mask policy.
- Effective 3 p.m. Friday, February 18, face masks no longer will be required during normal operations in the following spaces:
- Residence halls
- Meeting and conference rooms
- Commons Building
- Guerrieri Student Union
- East Campus facilities (including athletics complexes)
- SU Downtown
- Faculty and staff offices (masks must still be worn in common areas, such as hallways)
- Face masks may be required during certain events, especially densely populated activities at which appropriate physical distancing may not be possible.
- KN95, KF94 or N95 masks remain required for students in all classrooms and instructional settings, and encouraged in all campus buildings.
- Free KN95 masks are available for SU community members at the Guerrieri Student Union Information Desk. Students and faculty will be asked to show their Gull Cards when requesting masks.
- You may choose to wear a mask if you wish to at other times, too, and we ask that all members of the SU community respect everyone who wishes to do so. We also ask that everyone wear a mask when requested and when they’re with others who are wearing a mask, as a courtesy.
- The University Health Team will continue to consider changes to SU’s face mask policy and other COVID-19 protocols as more information becomes available.
Questions about SU’s COVID-19 policies should be sent to StayInformed@salisbury.edu.
Please stay safe, and thank you for continuing to do your part to #ProtectTheFlock.