Important COVID-19 Information for SU Employees
Thursday December 16, 2021
Dear SU Faculty and Staff,
As Salisbury University continues its COVID-19 precautions, please note the following:
- In partnership with the Wicomico County Health Department, SU hosts a pediatric COVID-19 and flu vaccine clinic for all children age 5-18 3:30-6:30 p.m. Friday, December 17, in the Great Hall of Holloway Hall.
- The Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine will be administered.
- FluMist nasal flu vaccine also will be available.
- To register visit https://www.marylandvax.org/appointment/en/reg/5461203592.
- All SU employees are required to take an SU-administered COVID-19 return-to-campus test on their first day back from winter break. Schedule yours today.
- Employees with SU-granted exemptions from the University System of Maryland COVID-19 vaccination mandate must sign up for twice-weekly testing to maintain campus access during the winter term. Testing registration is now open.
- Beginning in January, SU employees are expected to receive a booster shot once they become eligible. Those who have not received their COVID-19 booster shots within 90 days of their initial Johnson & Johnson vaccine shot, or within eight months of their second Pfizer or Moderna vaccine shots, will be required to test twice weekly at SU to maintain campus access.
- Employees who have not received boosters within the timeframes listed above should get their boosters as soon as possible.
- Once an employee has received a booster shot, regardless of the timeframe, they will no longer need to test.
- For those needing assistance determining their booster eligibility, this interactive booster calculator from the Tennessee Department of Health may help.
- Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 booster shots are available for all SU employees. Schedule yours at https://suvax.timetap.com or off campus at www.vaccines.gov.
Please stay safe, and thank you for continuing to do your part to #ProtectTheFlock.