- Columbia University, PhD, Counseling Psychology, 2007
- Boston College, MA, Counseling Psychology, 2001
- The College of William & Mary, BA, Psychology, 1999
Areas of Expertise
- Experience of the Marginalized
- Mentoring of students of Color and other marginalized students
- Qualitative Research
Dr. Okubo teaches courses in clinical & counseling psychology areas as well as courses on diversity and social justice issues. She currently coordinates Accelerated Mentoring Program with Dr. Schlehofer (Psychology). Her Racism & Coping Research Lab. is currently working on the Race Dialogue Project, a qualitative investigation on how people have conversations about race, race relations, racial identity, and racism.