Do you have what it takes to be a member of our Gull Squad?
SU’s Gull Squad Orientation Leaders represent many of the rich and diverse range of programs offered here on campus. They all bring a set of unique experiences, personalities and energy to our orientation programs. OL’s all share one thing in common: passion for helping their fellow students in acclimating to campus.
If you are a student looking to get more involved on campus, this opportunity is for you! If you are an experienced student leader on campus, this job is for you!
You should know that it is not a requirement to know every fact about Salisbury University upon entry to our team—we will teach you all the essential information during our training opportunities! The only thing that is asked of prospective OL’s is to show up with a desire to engage with learning, growing and challenges.
Minimum Qualifications of the Orientation Leader position:
- Good academic standing. This requires a cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- In good disciplinary standing with the University.
- Full-time undergraduate student status and having completed at least one semester at Salisbury by the end of the spring semester.
- An understanding and belief in the Salisbury University Promise.
- Ability to relate and work well with students, families, faculty, and staff.
- Confidence, flexibility, reliability, responsibility, and willingness to help others.
- Solid communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Desire to learn about the University's community, programs, resources, policies, and procedures.