Diversity & Inclusion Events
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) host events to further our mission: Provide leadership, build capacity and forge partnerships to facilitate shared responsibility for creating a diverse and inclusive campus in which students, faculty and staff can excel.
Heritage Month Celebrations
Salisbury University is committed to creating a sense of belonging and community for everyone in our campus community. One way of doing that is by celebrating the rich history of the many cultures, religions, and identities represented at our University. ODI in partnership with various student organizations, schools/colleges, and departments will celebrate the months below.
- August - Diversity Awareness Month
- September 15th - October 15th - Hispanic/Latinx Heritage Month
- October - DisAbility Heritage Month & OUTober (LGTBQIA+ Awareness) since we are not in school in June for PRIDE
- 2023 One Maryland One Book Author Event:
- October 12, 7:00pm: GAC Assembly Hall
- Guest Speaker and Author of, There There, Tommy Orange, visits Salisbury University for a live discussion and Q&A session.
- November - Native American Heritage Month
- December - Winter Celebrations Month
- February - Black History Month
- March - Women's History Month & Inter-Faith Heritage Month
- April - Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month
- May - Festival Week