Recommendation – 3/16/2022: (1) Include a Staff Senate member as part of the selection committee for Employee of the Month and Employee of the Year. (2) Update the current Employee Recognition Program procedure.
- Recommendation Employee Recognition Program
- Response: 5/2/22: The selection committee for Employee of the Month will remain unchanged. However, effective 7/1/2023, Staff Senate submit a review of the prior year Employee of the Month winners for consideration by the Selection Committee for Employee of the Year.
Recommendation - 2/24/2022: Form working group to determine a reasonable fee structure for SU employees pursuing undergraduate & graduate degrees.
- Recommendation: Employee Fee Restructure
- Response: 3/11/22: The Office of Budget will conduct a study of SU tuition and fees this June to determine and implement a strategic tuition and fees structure including modifications to Policy as necessary. The goal is to effect changes for the 2023-2024 Academic Year.
Recommendation - 1/24/2022: Clarify communication sent to campus community regarding the expectation of telework during instances of campus closure where Administrative Leave is offered.
- Recommendation Campus Closure-Telework Policy
- Response: 2/7/22: Non-essential staff with approved telework agreements will not be required to work unless they have been deemed ‘operationally critical’ by their supervisor. If telework is warranted or expected by a supervisor due to ‘operational necessity’, they must state they will honor an Administrative Leave day to be taken at a later date.
Recommendation – 1/19/2022: Adopt procedure to designate and confer a Distinguished Staff recognition program for retiring staff members.
Recommendation – 1/18/2022: Grant Administrative Leave to Full-Time PIN and Contingent II staff for Thursday, March 24, 2022 and Friday, March 25, 2022, to allow staff mental health break during spring break 2022.
Recommendation – 11/12/2021: Grant Holiday Leave to Full Time PIN and Contingent II staff for Tuesday, December 21 and Wednesday, December 22