Salisbury University’s Virtual Commencement Ceremonies
SU is happy to continue our commencement traditions with virtual commencement ceremonies for our 2021 graduates. Our virtual ceremonies will include much of the usual pomp and circumstance that set the tone for this special occasion.
What is a virtual commencement ceremony?
Our virtual commencement ceremonies will mark this milestone in our graduates’ lives with speaker remarks, campus photos, and conferral of degrees by President Wight. Each virtual ceremony will end with a presentation of custom slides for every graduate, including an audio clip of the announced name. The slides will be available for download by graduates, families and friends to share on social media.
Virtual commencement ceremonies will be held as follows:
- Friday, May 14 at 6 PM – one virtual ceremony for all doctoral and master’s degree recipients will launch on the Commencement home page.
- Saturday, May 15 at 1 PM – five virtual ceremonies for bachelor’s degree recipients in each academic unit will launch on the Commencement home page.
College of Health and Human Services
Fulton School of Liberal Arts
Henson School of Science and Technology
Perdue School of Business
Seidel School of Education
These ceremonies can be viewed at any time after their initial launch.
Marching Order: Individual graduate recognition.
SU is partnering with Marching Order to create custom slides for our graduates. These slides will be displayed in the virtual commencement ceremonies. Eligible graduates will receive a unique link to the Marching Order portal. You will be invited to submit a photo, personal message and record your name pronunciation. This same system will be used to reserve your Grad Walk time slot.
Marching Order has the following firm deadlines for submissions:
- April 13 - Look for a “Commencement” email with Marching Order instructions and a custom link to access the Marching Order portal
- April 19 - Last day to provide the pronunciation of your name in Marching Order
- April 19 - Look for the Grad Walk reservation email from “Commencement”
- April 27 - Last day to submit your photo, personal message and register for Grad Walk
If you would like to opt-out of Marching Order and not be included in the individual recognition, please email email@example.com before April 27.