Virtual Commencement FAQs
How is SU celebrating commencement?
On Saturday, December 19 at 10:30 a.m., SU will host online virtual commencement ceremonies for graduate degree recipients and undergraduate degree recipients to celebrate SU’s Class of 2020. Graduates from January, May, August and December will be recognized in these virtual ceremonies. Although not the typical commencement ceremony with a processional and walk across the stage, these virtual ceremonies will mark this special milestone. The ceremonies will include pre-recorded speaker remarks, campus photos, and conferral of degrees by President Wight. Individual slides recognizing each graduate will be shared here on this website. The slides will be made available for download to share on social media.
- Will there be an in-person ceremony in the future?
- If I participate in the online ceremony, will I be able to participate in the in-person ceremony in the future?
- How do I register for a virtual commencement ceremony?
- Do I have to participate in the online celebration?
- I heard that packages will be mailed to graduates. When will they arrive?
- What about my Cap and Gown?
- How do I order graduation announcements?
- I’m graduating in December. When will I receive my diploma?
- How do I know if I'm cleared to graduate?
Don’t see your question here?
Email your question to firstname.lastname@example.org